The Hellenic Scholarships Foundation awarded young Greek-Canadian scientists that excelled in their studies, for the twenty-sixth consecutive year during an event organized at the McGill University reception hall.
The evening was presented by President Dr John Hadjinicolaou and Dr. Eva Kehayia, Physiotherapy Professor at McGill, while Artemis Lagopoulos provided musical entertainment along with pianist Petros Plarinos.
The foundation provided 11 scholarships to the following students:
- The Cretan Association of Montreal Scholarship to Iakovos Chinis from the Concordia University Department of Mathematics.
- The Vasileios Tsiolis Foundation scholarship to Violetta Nikolaidou from the Department of Civil Engineering and Applied Mechanics at McGill University.
- The Hellenic Community of Greater Montreal scholarship to George Sokratis Viron from the Concordia University Department of Classical Studies and History.
- The Constantina N. Frangouli Family scholarship to Stefania Stranza from the Concordia University Department of Economics.
- The Hellenic Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal scholarship to Georgia Limniatis from the Biochemistry Department at McGill University.
- The National Hellenic Student Association (NHSA) to Dimitra Athanasiadou from the Graduate Program in Craniofacial Health Sciences at McGill University Faculty of Dentistry.
- The Gerry Sklavounos – MNA Laurier-Dorion scholarship to Konstantinos Nasiotis from the Integrated Program in Neuroscience at McGill University
- The Sam and Mary Charalambakis Family scholarship to Efstratios Dimitrios Rounis from the Department of Civil Engineering at Concordia University.
- The Guy Ouellette – MNA Chomedey-Laval scholarship to Dimitrios Stamoulis from the Department of Electrical Engineering at McGill University.
- Lazaros Kalipolidis Family scholarship to Phil Vourtzoumis from the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University.
- Hellenic Medical Association of Quebec Dr Peter Varvarikos Scholarship to Panagiota Toliopoulos from the Faculty of Medicine at Montreal University.